Saturday, February 10, 2018

Fear


FEAR

2006 Lori Franke

I can hear you calling for someone.
I can see your tears in the dark.
I can feel the desperation from within your heart.

I can whisper I do love you.
I can wipe your tears away.
I can hold you close and tell you it’ll be okay.

Fear – Fear is their only crime.
Fear – Will they run out of time.
Fear – What do they have to lose?
Fear – When none of them get to choose.

I can hear your heartless compassion.
I can see your feeble attempts.
I can feel the chill in your soul as I taste your contempt.

I can scream – how dare you, you monster.
I can publish your terrible lies.
I can persecute all your actions ‘til you’re paralyzed.

Fear – You make the innocent bleed.
Fear  -- It gives you the power you need.
Fear – It’s everything you like to spread.
Fear – but would they be better off dead…

Musical break

I can hear those Angels - they're singing
I can see them dancing above
I can feel the broken hearted now receiving love

No more screaming - how dare you you monster
I won't share your terrible lies
I'll just watch you suffer greatly while you're penalized...

Fear- the beauty of who's mighty and strong.
Fear- the strength of your power is gone.
Fear- what you have is coming due.
Fear- you'll feel- when justice comes back on you.

No comments: