Wednesday, June 08, 2005

To Be or Not To Be. . .

"To be or not to be," the well-known quote spoken in Shakespeare's Hamlet continues to intrigue me, as I continue forth on my journey of life. I'm supposed to be... what? Or I am not to be...what? I continue to be baffled but am enjoying the journey thus far. I figure one day I'll understand it all. In the meantime, I will pursue my goals, which include doing something for the greater good. I'm not interested in becoming well known and rich and then turning in to some primadona who wants something like "I will have only the best fruit served to me before hitting the stage" written in the contract. PLEASE!!! If I spent my musical journey traveling from military base to military base, thanking the men & women for their service to our country, I would have success. Or if I were asked to go to every children's hospital to entertain little guys and gals who are much less fortunate in health, I would have success. If I were asked to travel from town to town, showing appreciation to our law enforcement officials, fire personnel, health practitioners, and teachers, I would have success. Success is knowing in my heart that I have used my talent to positively affect others, to make a little impact on my world. Now that's success! And in such a quest, I must go...Write at you soon. - Lori

No comments: