Thursday, December 29, 2005

2006 ... Almost here

Well another year has nearly passed us by, and here I am gathering my thoughts on the year. I continue to say that I've learned so much, but the truth is I've learned so much during the course of every single year that has passed. The year I enlisted in the Marine Corps was probably the year that I learned the absolute most, for I left Calhoun County a kid and returned an adult. I left a somewhat insecure teenager who had no idea what I wanted out of life and came back a grown woman who through the challenges of Marine Corps boot camp learned that pride is earned through much effort and hard work, and I knew I had a long way to go.

But 2005 was a year filled with many learning opportunities, many of which were challenging and fulfilling all at the same time. The truth be told, I'm not only talking about my experiences in the field of music but also in my profession, as I completed my administrative certification and became employed at a private post secondary institution, a new job that has given me much satisfaction; however, learning many of the new responsibilities can prove to be trying.

Other than a new job and starting out with a new band, I have been blessed over and over again and am so thankful to God for that. My children are healthy, my husband is supportive and wonderful, and I have been provided for in so many ways. To Him I will always be indebted. Now my daughter Korrie is pulling on my shirt and saying "Come here, Mommy" so with that I must sign off. I wish you and yours the very best for the coming year in the hopes that all your blessings are secure and that a prosperous and healthy New Year is in the works for you!

With much appreciation,
Lori

No comments: