Saturday, February 10, 2018

Bringing out the America in Americans

Although I'm doing a terrible job keeping up with this blog, I think constantly about the things I should be writing. As I reflect on some of our greatest gigs, the one that comes to mind is when Miles Station, along with two great musicians from the Dynamite Cowboys, traveled to Kansas to help McConnell Air Force Base personnel celebrate the coming home of American airmen and women. What an honor! I met so many of those who serve, all of whom perform such important jobs that I'm overcome with a sense of pride, so grateful for those who have dedicated this time in their lives to devote to their country.  Reenlisting is NOT an option for me, as I've been told I'm too old. Trust me, it was extremely hard on my psyche, particularly my pride to be informed that I'm way too old to serve my country. I would have much rather heard I was out of shape. At least that's something I could fix!! ;-)

No comments: