Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Chase

Link to audio: www.lorifhopkins.com/video-library

The Chase 
Lori and Craig Franke  2003

Started out in high school - had one thing on my mind. 
Not really quite sure just what kind of boy I'd find.
Then it hit me all at once when I saw you walking by.
That's when the chase began when you looked me in the eyes. 

The chase is on and I'm heading your way.
What's it gonna take for me to get you to stay. 
All I want's for you to notice me. 
What's it gonna be, baby tell me today. 
I'll do what you want; I'll do what I can,
if only you, boy, will be my man. 
Cause the chase is on and I'm heading your way. 
Baby slow down, tell me what do you say? 

Go out with the girls on Friday, hoping I would see.
That same ole guy I saw in the hall - he would be my destiny. 
Then I looked across the room and OH to my surprise. 
My eyes lit up and my head soon turned
when he came walking by. 

CHORUS

Baby open your eyes and hold on to my hand
Indeed I will take you to the promise land.
I make you ole so proud and put a smile on your face. 
I'm getting close to you boy, I'm going to win this chase. 

Chorus

Baby open your eyes and hold on to my hand
For indeed I will take you to the promise land.
I make you ole so proud and put a smile on your face. 
Boy I caught you now, this is the end of the chase. 



No comments: